Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1kg Butternut or Kent Pumpkin
- 500ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 clove chopped Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sour Cream (optional)
1. Peel and Coarsely chop Pumpkin into cubes.
2. Heat oil in large pot, add garlic, cook on medium high for two minutes.
3. Add Pumpkin, Cumin and Nutmeg, stirring to coat Pumpkin with spices, allow to cook until Pumpkin starts to brown slightly.
4. Add Vegetable Stock, bring to boil, reduce heat to medium low. Place lid on pot and allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes.
5. Once Pumpkin is soft and cooked through (test with fork), remove from heat and use stick blender to puree. Once pureed to desired consistency, add salt and pepper to taste.
6. To serve, pour into bowl and garnish with a dollop of sour cream if desired.