WHAT WE ATE WEDNESDAY!!
Chickpea Curry Recipe
2 Large thinly sliced onions
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp of garam masala
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 1-2 finely chopped chilli(s) ( red or green depending on heat desired)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans of chick peas drained
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp of butter
1. Melt butter in pot.
2. Sauté onions until soft, then add garlic and ginger, cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add chopped coriander and cook for 1 minute, then add spices, chilli and bay leaf and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add can of tomatoes and bring to boil then reduce to simmer. Meanwhile, place drained chick peas in separate pot and cover with water then bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cook for 15 minutes.
5. Remove bay leaf from masala sauce pot and puree the rest. Once chickpeas are cooked, add them to sauce and continue to simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.